1 W. Main St. | Newcastle, WY 82701
Weston County Treasurer
Welcome to the Office of the Weston County Treasurer
Our mission is to provide and offer friendly, efficient, courteous, professional, and informative service to the public, in the endeavor of collecting revenue as well as disbursing funds responsibly.
County Treasurer Duties
- Issue Wyoming / Weston County (21) license plates
- Title 31, Chapter 1
- Issue temporary registrations, temporary worker permits and in-transit permits
- Provide law enforcement and State authorities access to records of all vehicles registered in Weston County
- Register all mobile machinery operated in Weston County
Sales Tax Collection
- Collect all sales tax due and fees based on place of residence
Property Tax Collection
- Collect Ad Valorem Tax on all real and personal property in Weston County
- Collect Ad Valorem Tax on mineral production and real property
- Hold tax sale on properties with delinquent taxes
- Issue Moving Permits for transportable homes and buildings
Keeping the County’s Books
- Maintain permanent record of all monies receipted and disbursed by the County.
- Issue payments on bonded indebtedness for County and school districts.
- Maintain register on outstanding bonded indebtedness for County and School districts.
- Maintain permanent record of all tax revenues collected and disbursed for levied entities.
Property Tax Due & Delinquent Dates
Property taxes in Wyoming are billed and due on September 1st of each year. Taxes may be paid in halves or in full. The interest rate charged on all delinquent taxes is 18%, which is figured daily.
If Paid in Halves
The first half of the taxes become delinquent on November 11th. The second half of the taxes becomes delinquent on May 11th of the subsequent year.
If Paid in Full
The entire tax amount must be paid by December 31st.
The current years taxes are billed around September 1 of the current year. The first half of the taxes must be postmarked by November 10th of the current year and the second half must be postmarked by May 10th of the subsequent year. However, if the entire tax is paid by December 31st of the current year all the interest on the first half is waived.
Click on the following links to view.
Wyoming State Statue Title 31
(pertaining to Motor Vehicles)
Wyoming State Statue Title 39
(pertaining to Property Taxes, Sales Tax and Tax Sale)
The Weston County Treasurer’s satellite office in Upton will be open 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. every 2nd and 3rd Wednesday of every Month.
The dates for the Year 2020 are as follows:
March 18th August 12th & 19th
April 8th & 15th September 9th &16th
May 13th & 20th October 14th & 21st
June 10th & 17th November 11th & 18th
July 8th & 15th December 9th & 16th
Weston County Treasurer
1 West Main
Newcastle, WY 82701
Phone (307) 746-2852
Fax (307) 746-9505
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
The Treasurer’s Office will be closed on August 15th from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for training.
Chairman of the Weston County Commission
Past County Elected Officials
Lists of former county elected officials are now available online! These date back to 1915!