1 W. Main St. | Newcastle, WY 82701
Weston County Library - 23 West Main St.
Weston County Sheriff
Sheriff Bryan Colvard
Concealed Firearm Permit
FIREARM PERMIT APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
- New Applicants and Renewals are available online along with instructions on how to proceed with the applications. Applications and renewal forms will no longer be available at the Sheriff’s Office. Please completely fill out the form you intend to use and print out four (4) copies. The four forms are to be taken to the Sheriff’s Office.
- ALL PAYMENTS are to be made to DCI by the applicant at the time of submission to the Sheriff’s Office in the form of a money order or cashier’s check made out to DCI or WY Attorney General’s Office. The fees are $64.00 (New), $45.00 (Renewal) and $55.00 (Late Renewal) . The Sheriff’s Office fees are to be paid separately and is as follows: $10.00 (New), $5.00 (Renewal and Late Renewal).
- Once all applications are submitted to the Sheriff’s Office, the remaining copy is to be taken to a Wyoming DOT Driver’s Service to have your picture taken for the permit, within 10 days.
- Processing times may take up to 60 days, depending on volume, once all documentation is received at DCI. The Sheriff’s Office will receive the permit and contact you to receive it from the S.O.
- Military Applicants Out of State:
- Any active duty Wyoming resident who is stationed outside of Wyoming may apply for a WY CFP. This will be solely through the DCI website. The Sheriff’s Office will have NO responsibility in this procedure and all questions are to be directed to the DCI website.
- For all inquiries you may email DCI at the following address: [email protected] or 307-777-7181.
- New Applications will be accepted by Appointment ONLY! Please call 746-4441 to set up an appointment to apply.
- Renewal reminder letters will no longer be sent out. Each permit holder has the responsibility to know when their permit expires.
Chairman of the Weston County Commission
Past County Elected Officials
Lists of former county elected officials are now available online! These date back to 1915!